Connect with us

Headline

2023 Hajj: NAHCON begins transportation of pilgrims on May 21

Published

on

The National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) says it will begin the transportation of the 2023 Nigerian pilgrims to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia on May 21. 2023.

 

The Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of NAHCON, Alhaji Zikrullah Hassan, disclosed this at the opening of application forms as well as the inauguration of Aviation Monitoring and Airline Screening Committees, held at Hajj House on Wednesday in Abuja.

 

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that 10 airlines applied to transport Nigerian pilgrims to Saudi Arabia for the 2023 hajj, while three cargo airlines applied to transport luggage of the pilgrims back to Nigeria.

The airlines that signified interest were: Aero Contractors, Air Peace, Arik Air, Flynas, Azman Air, Max air, Sky power, United Nigeria Airlines, while the three cargo airlines are: Cargo zeal, Cargo Solo Deke Global Travels, and one other.

The NAHCON boss urged the screening committee to work round the clock to summit its report by March 7, for onward submission to President Muhammadu Buhari for approval.

He also charged the committee to ensure that all technical issues regarding airport and aircraft were resolved on time.

Similarly, Hassan advised all intending pilgrims to complete their registration with various State Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Boards, Agencies and Commissions or through the Hajj Savings Scheme on time.

According to him, the registration for 2023 hajj will be closed in due course in order to meet up with the deadline fixed by the Saudi Arabian Government.

Hassan said: “The terms and references of the Aviation Monitoring Committee include constituting a subcommittee to review all documents submitted by the applicant-airlines and cargo carriers.”

Earlier, Alhaji Abdullahi Hardawa, the Chairman of the screening committee and NAHCON Commissioner of Operations, expressed its commitment to work assiduously towards ensuring a successful 2023 Hajj operation.

Also, Sen. Adamu Bulkachuwa, the Chairman, Senate Committee on Foreign Affairs, urged the members of the screening committee to justify the confidence reposed on them.

He said: “In my capacity as the Chairman, Senate on Foreign Affairs, we always monitor hajj operation closely. If airlines perform well, the rest of hajj operation will be successful.

“I urge you to put your heads together and make sure that the airport you are going to operate from is very much in order. Make early arrangements to do what is right to avoid flight delays or cancellations.”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Headline

Breaking news: Minimum Wage: Labour rejects FG’s N54,000 offer

Published

on

The organised labour has rejected the Federal Government N54,000 new minimum wage proposal.

 

According to reliable source, the meeting on the ongoing negotiations on new minimum wage has been adjourned till Wednesday after the organised labour.

 

Media report has it that the Federal Government upped its offer from its earlier proposed N48,000 to N54,000.

Tuesday’s meeting came as a result of the walkout staged by members of the organised labour following the proposal of N48,000 as minimum wage by the Federal Government during last week’s meeting.

During that meeting, the OPS had also proposed N54,000 while labour insisted on its N615,000 living wage demand.

Our correspondent who spoke to sources who attended the follow-up meeting on Tuesday learnt that the Federal Government upped its offer from N48,000 to N54,000.

“Well, during the meeting, the government increased its offer from N48,000 to N54,000. However, labour rejected that offer and the meeting has been adjourned till Wednesday,” a source who asked not to be named said.

When asked if the government’s side was showing any sign of seriousness, the labour leader said, “No seriousness at all. Even state governors did not show up. Those who represented them, like Bauchi and Niger states, did not have the mandates to speak on their behalf.

Continue Reading

Headline

Real Madrid’s goalkeeper shares recovery insights after two injuries

Published

on

Real Madrid goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois has opened up about his recovery journey following two serious knee injuries.

 

Courtois said, “In August, I cried because the worst thing that can happen to you in football is a cruciate ligament injury. When I returned home, I said that I was going to work hard and come back stronger. That was my idea from the beginning: to stay positive, fight, never give up, and push my limits.

 

“Many thought my season was over, but I knew it wasn’t,” Courtois told Marca.

Recall that for most of the current season, Courtois missed out due to two injuries: a cruciate ligament tear and a meniscus injury. In his absence, first-choice goalkeeper was Chelsea’s loanee Kepa Arrizabalaga, and later, he faced competition from Andriy Lunin.

Upon his return, Courtois played in 3 La Liga matches, keeping clean sheets in all of them. In the last game against Alaves, the Belgian made 10 saves.

Earlier, it was reported that Courtois’ recovery from injury will be featured in a documentary series.

Continue Reading

Facebook

Trending