Connect with us

News

Be calm, don’t overreact to election results – Charley Boy urges youths

Published

on

Nigerian Entertainer, Mr Charles Oputa, popularly known as ‘Charley Boy’ has called on Nigerian youths to be calm and not to overreact to the 2023 election results declared by INEC.

 

Oputa made the call in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Wednesday at the Unity Fountain in Abuja.

 

The entertainer, who spoke in reaction to the gathering of some youths at the Unity Fountain, said the gathering was to protest the alleged bogus election result declared by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

“Young people are gathering to protest the situation and bogus election that have just been concluded.

“As Area Father, I am just here to make sure that it is peaceful and that they are doing the right thing.

“I believe in what they are doing and I am here to show support.

“The election result is the most bogus, most annoying and a financial disaster looking at the money wasted on the exercise by the Federal Government,” he said.

According to him, we cannot afford to be seen as overreacting because I know how the enemies will use that against us, so we need to use our heads.

Oputa expressed satisfaction with the conduct of Nigerian youths in the electoral process.

Mr Isaac Balami, the convener of the peaceful walk said the gathering was to protest the 2023 presidential election results released by INEC.

He said INEC had broken the code and peace accord reached by political parties by failing to deliver on its promises.

Balami attributed the huge turnout of voters across the country to promises made by INEC that the election would be transparent and that their votes would count.

He alleged that INEC’s Bimodal Voters Accreditation System (BVAS) stopped working at the middle of election when it discovered that the APC was losing the election.

Balami said the non celebration of the APC victory across the country was an indication that the election result was not a reflection of the choice of the people.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Headline

Breaking news: Minimum Wage: Labour rejects FG’s N54,000 offer

Published

on

The organised labour has rejected the Federal Government N54,000 new minimum wage proposal.

 

According to reliable source, the meeting on the ongoing negotiations on new minimum wage has been adjourned till Wednesday after the organised labour.

 

Media report has it that the Federal Government upped its offer from its earlier proposed N48,000 to N54,000.

Tuesday’s meeting came as a result of the walkout staged by members of the organised labour following the proposal of N48,000 as minimum wage by the Federal Government during last week’s meeting.

During that meeting, the OPS had also proposed N54,000 while labour insisted on its N615,000 living wage demand.

Our correspondent who spoke to sources who attended the follow-up meeting on Tuesday learnt that the Federal Government upped its offer from N48,000 to N54,000.

“Well, during the meeting, the government increased its offer from N48,000 to N54,000. However, labour rejected that offer and the meeting has been adjourned till Wednesday,” a source who asked not to be named said.

When asked if the government’s side was showing any sign of seriousness, the labour leader said, “No seriousness at all. Even state governors did not show up. Those who represented them, like Bauchi and Niger states, did not have the mandates to speak on their behalf.

Continue Reading

News

Junior Pope betrayed me repeatedly – Yul Edochie

Published

on

Nollywood actor Yul Edochie has claimed that his late colleague, Junior Pope, betrayed him repeatedly despite his being there for him in his times of need.

 

According to Edochie, it was the reason he shunned the late actor’s burial in Enugu State on Friday.

 

He said he wanted to wait till after Junior Pope’s burial before he reveal how the late actor betrayed him.

He promised the full story of how Junior Pope betrayed him soon.

On his Instagram story, Edochie wrote: “I didn’t want to say anything till after his burial. I know many asked why I wasn’t there. Why I haven’t said anything about it since.

“I took him like a brother & good friend. I was there for him when he needed me. But he stabbed me in the back repeatedly. That’s life!

“I’ll drop the full details soon so others can learn from it.

“Be careful what you wish people, it could come to you.”

Recall that Junior Pope died on April 10, 2024, alongside three others after their boat capsized on the Anam River in Anambra State while returning from a film location.

Continue Reading

Facebook

Trending