Connect with us

Foreign

Suspect Located in Triple Crossbow Killings in Bushey

Published

on

Last Updated on July 10, 2024 by Fellow Press

Kyle Clifford Found in North London Manhunt Following Deaths of Three Women

A manhunt for Kyle Clifford, 26, who was wanted in connection with the murder of three women in a suspected crossbow attack, has concluded with his capture in north London, police have confirmed. Clifford, a former British Army serviceman, was identified by Hertfordshire police as a suspect in the deaths of Carol Hunt, 61, and her daughters, Hannah, 28, and Louise, 25, at their home in Bushey.

In a press conference on Wednesday, Chief Superintendent Jon Simpson of Hertfordshire police revealed that the murders appeared to be “targeted.” Clifford was discovered with injuries and is now receiving medical treatment, though no shots were fired during his apprehension.

The search for Clifford led police to Lavender Hill Cemetery, 16 miles from the crime scene, where a significant police presence was observed. Paramedics and ambulances were also on site near a property searched earlier in the day as part of the manhunt.

Police believe Clifford was known to the victims, and no other suspects are being sought. Detective Inspector Justine Jenkins from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit described the situation as “an incredibly difficult time” for the victims’ family, urging respect for their privacy.

“This investigation is moving at pace, and formal identification of the victims is yet to take place,” DI Jenkins stated. “Following extensive enquiries, the suspect has been located, and nobody else is being sought in connection with the investigation at this time. We have had an overwhelming number of calls and would like to express our gratitude to the members of the public who have contacted us.”

Detectives are appealing for any additional information or video footage related to the case.

Foreign

Vice President Trump, President Putin Of Ukraine – Biden Goofs At NATO Summit

Published

on

Last Updated on July 12, 2024 by Fellow Press

U.S. President Joe Biden had a series of verbal slip-ups on Thursday alongside the NATO summit in Washington, an unfortunate development for the 81-year-old as he tries to move past concerns that he is too old to run for re-election.

Verbal gaffes are not unusual in the long political career of Biden, who overcame a childhood stutter, but there is closer attention on him amid the fallout from his dismal debate performance against Republican candidate Donald Trump last month.

Trump, who is 78, and also has faced concerns about his age, frequently made false claims during the debate and often rambles during campaign speeches.

Below is a summary of Biden’s mistakes on Thursday.

BIDEN MISTAKENLY CALLS ZELENSKIY ‘PUTIN’

Biden mistakenly referred to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy as “President Putin”.

“And now I want to hand it over to the president of Ukraine, who has as much courage as he has determination, ladies and gentlemen, President Putin,” Biden said at the NATO summit, drawing gasps from those in the room.

“Going to beat President Putin, President Zelenskiy. I am so focused on beating Putin,” Biden said while correcting himself.

BIDEN MISTAKENLY REFERS TO HARRIS AS TRUMP
During a news conference on Thursday evening, Biden mixed up the name of his vice president, Kamala Harris, and his rival Trump.

“Look, I wouldn’t have picked Vice President Trump to be vice president if she was not qualified to be president. So start there,” Biden said as he responded to a question from Reuters about his confidence in Harris.

BIDEN FUMBLES ‘CHIEFS OF STAFF’
Biden also struggled at the news conference to find the words “chiefs of staff,” mistakenly referring to the group of the country’s top uniformed military leaders as “commander in chief,” the title he holds as president.

“And so our military is working on following the advice of my commander in chief my, my, my, the chiefs of staff, of the military as well as the secretary of defense and our intelligence people.”

Continue Reading

Foreign

George Clooney Urges President Biden to End Re-Election Bid, Citing Age Concerns

Published

on

Last Updated on July 10, 2024 by Fellow Press

Hollywood actor and influential Democratic fundraiser George Clooney, who recently co-hosted a high-profile fundraising event for President Joe Biden, has publicly urged the President to withdraw from the 2024 race. In a guest essay published in The New York Times on Wednesday, Clooney argued that Biden’s age is a significant impediment to his re-election chances and the Democratic Party’s success in November.

“The one battle he cannot win is the fight against time,” Clooney stated. “It’s devastating to say it, but the Joe Biden I was with three weeks ago at the fundraiser was not the Joe ‘big F-ing deal’ Biden of 2010. He wasn’t even the Joe Biden of 2020.”

Clooney, who spearheaded a $28 million Hollywood fundraiser for Biden last month—the largest ever for a Democratic candidate—is now the most prominent Democrat to suggest Biden step aside. The event, planned around Clooney’s schedule, required Biden to travel from a Group of 7 summit in Italy to California and back to Washington in a short span, which Biden later attributed to his subpar debate performance due to jet lag.

The essay’s publication coincided with former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s remarks in a TV interview, hinting that Biden’s decision to run again is ultimately his own. Despite these growing calls, Biden and his aides remain steadfast in his commitment to the race, with Biden reaffirming his stance to top donors and during a video call with Democratic mayors.

Clooney’s concerns, shared privately by numerous Democrats, underscore fears that Biden’s campaign could jeopardize not just his chances but also the party’s control of Congress. “We are not going to win in November with this president,” Clooney wrote, adding that his private conversations with senators, congress members, and governors echo this sentiment.

While many donors remain silent, Hollywood voices like Ari Emanuel and Reed Hastings have also publicly criticized Biden’s decision to continue his campaign. Actor and filmmaker Rob Reiner joined Clooney’s call for Biden to step aside, stressing the need for younger leadership to combat the existential threats facing democracy.

Clooney’s public stance comes at a critical juncture for Biden, who has faced internal criticism and controversy. Before the recent fundraiser, Clooney had expressed discontent with Biden’s critique of the International Criminal Court’s actions against Israeli officials, a matter linked to his wife, Amal Clooney, a human rights lawyer involved in the investigation.

In response to Clooney’s essay, Biden campaign spokeswoman Lauren Hitt directed inquiries to Biden’s recent letter to congressional Democrats, which reiterated his intent to remain in the race.

Continue Reading

Facebook

Trending