The former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, has said the corruption allegation by the Federal Government against him is but a cock and bull story.

Atiku mocked the Federal Government for failing to stop the United States government from granting him visa, saying with or without a trip to the US, the PDP would dislodge the President Muhammadu Buhari-led All Progressives Congress at next month’s election.

The former vice-president also dismissed the allegation by Lai Mohammed that he had a case to answer over the collapse of Bank PHB (Platinum Habib Bank).

In a statement issued in Abuja on Friday, Atiku’s Special Assistant on Public Communication, Mr Phrank Shaibu, said the Federal Government should bury its head in shame having failed to stop him from travelling to the US.

He said it was shameful that the governing APC took it upon itself to call on the authorities of another country not to grant a private citizen entry visa, which ordinarily should not be its business.

Atiku who arrived in the US on Thursday said the APC was jittery knowing that its government had failed.

He stressed that Buhari’s days as President of Nigeria were numbered, adding that members of the ruling party had been running from pillar to post.

Atiku challenged the Federal Government to either prove his alleged corrupt activities or forever remain quiet.

He said, “It is disgusting to continue to spin allegations of corruption against me by people who have failed to come forward with a single shred of evidence of my misconduct while in office.

“Isn’t it a shame that the ruling party, which National Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole, only on Thursday gave official confirmation to the general belief that even if Lawrence Anini becomes an APC member today, Buhari will forgive and consecrate him, can turn around to accuse me of corruption today?

“They just suddenly woke up to the reality that their lies about Atiku being corrupt can no longer hold?”

he had added, “I challenge the Federal Government to come up with evidence that I benefitted from N156m slush funds through Claremont Management Services Account on 13th January, 2009 as well as the collapse of Bank PHB as they have alleged.

“It is instructive to note that the same Bank PHB is now Keystone Bank, which was said to have been acquired by Buhari’s cronies through AMCON last year.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.