Connect with us

Sport

Bayern aware Mané is in talks with Al-Nassr

Published

on

Sadio Mané

Bayern Munich are aware that winger Sadio Mané is in talks with Saudi Arabian club Al-Nassr for a possible transfer.

“Bayern have been informed about it. But these are initial talks, so we will have to wait and see,” Bayern president Herbert Hainer said on Wednesday on the sidelines of a visit to the Tokyo governor.

Bayern are in Japan for a pre-season training camp.

According to the Bild newspaper, Al-Nassr representatives are to meet with Mané’s management team later on Wednesday.

The Saudi club, who have Cristiano Ronaldo in their squad, are reportedly offering Mané a big salary. The player has a contract with Bayern until 2025, but is not ruling out an early departure.

Hainer said there was no concrete offer yet, but media reports speak of something around €30 million ($33.18 million).

Mané moved to Munich last summer and had a difficult first season, which included a long-term injury over which he missed the World Cup.

He was also involved in a dressing room altercation with fellow forward Leroy Sane.

Headline

I Still Get Attacked By People – Yakubu Aiyegbeni Reveals

Published

on

In a recent interview, former Nigerian football star Yakubu Aiyegbeni has revealed that he continues to receive messages and criticisms from fans, years after his infamous miss during the 2010 FIFA World Cup match against South Korea.

The moment, etched into football history, occurred during Nigeria’s crucial group stage game against South Korea. With the score tied at 2-2 and a spot in the knockout stages on the line, Aiyegbeni found himself with what seemed like an open goal opportunity. However, to the shock of fans worldwide, he missed the chance, leaving Nigeria unable to secure the much-needed victory.

Despite this moment happening over a decade ago, Aiyegbeni expressed his surprise at the ongoing messages he receives about the miss. “I still get messages from people, different messages,” he stated in the interview. “It’s surprising how that moment still sticks with people, even after all these years.”

The striker, who had a successful career playing for clubs like Everton and Portsmouth in the English Premier League, admitted that the miss was a tough moment in his career. “Of course, it was a big moment, and I wish it had gone differently. But in football, you have highs and lows,” he remarked.

Continue Reading

Sport

Napoli Sack Rudi Garcia, Announce Mazzarri As Replacement

Published

on

Serie A giants Napoli have announced the departure of coach Rudi Garcia after a poor spell and announced his successor with immediate effect

Reigning Serie A champions Napoli have announced the departure of French manager Rudi Garcia after a poor run of form that sees the Partenopei handing on to faint hopes of defending the Scudetto title won last season.

Napoli have only claimed one win in their last four matches in all competitions, trailing Serie A leaders Inter by 10 points while also trailing Real Madrid in the UEFA Champions League by five points.

Osimhen gets new coach as Napoli reportedly appoint Walter Mazzarri to replace Rudi Garcia

With the Partenopei looking a lot worse than they did at this stage last season, Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has chosen to act swiftly before things get out of hand.

The club chief revealed that Garcia had been relieved of his duty, after posting a message on social media platform X to announce the arrival of the Frenchman’s replacement.

Napoli announce Garcia successor
That replacement is a former Napoli manager Walter Mazzarri[url][/url], who was welcomed back to the club by De Laurentiis, who was also the owner during his last spell at the club.

Continue Reading

Facebook

Trending