Connect with us

News

Federal Fire Service offsets salary arrears of 2000 personnel

Published

on

Federal Fire Service (FFS

More than 2000 employees of the Federal Fire Service (FFS) have been paid their outstanding salary and promotion arrears.

 

A statement by FFS National Public Relations officer, Abraham Paul, on Wednesday in Abuja, said the payment was a fulfilment of the commitment of the Controller-General, Mr Jaji AbudulGaniyu, to improve workers` welfare.

 

The statement said the payment was from 2016 to date and the arrears ranged from one month to one year.

“During the celebration of his 100 days in office, the Controller-General promised to prioritise the settlement of all pending arrears and enhance the welfare of the staff.

“Demonstrating his unwavering commitment, he has now successfully followed through on this promise, ensuring that all arrears payments are made to the deserving officers,” the statement said.

According to the statement, the settlement of the arrears not only provides the much needed financial relief to the affected individuals, but also serves as an acknowledgement of their dedication to service.

It stated that the payment signified the value placed on the workers efforts by the leadership and reinforced the importance of recognising and rewarding employees for their hard work and commitment.

The statement said the controller-general’s proactive approach towards improving staff welfare extended beyond the settlement of arrear payments, adding that since assumption of duty, he had implemented various measures to enhance the overall wellbeing of personnel.

“His leadership style prioritises the needs and concerns of the staff, aiming to create a conducive and supportive environment for optimal productivity and job satisfaction.

“Under his guidance, the service has witnessed changes that have positively impacted both the staff and the service as a whole.

“This ranged from comprehensive training programmes to acquiring state-of-the-art firefighting equipment,” the statement said.

It further added that the C-G had so far demonstrated his commitment to transforming the service into a world class institution that could compete favourably with its counterparts across the globe.

The statement said the settlement of the outstanding arrears of the affected officers was not just a fulfilment of a promise, but a testament to his vision for the service.

It explained that prioritising employee’s welfare, as well as recognising their contributions, was a way of fostering a culture of appreciation, motivation and excellence within the service.

Headline

Breaking news: Minimum Wage: Labour rejects FG’s N54,000 offer

Published

on

The organised labour has rejected the Federal Government N54,000 new minimum wage proposal.

 

According to reliable source, the meeting on the ongoing negotiations on new minimum wage has been adjourned till Wednesday after the organised labour.

 

Media report has it that the Federal Government upped its offer from its earlier proposed N48,000 to N54,000.

Tuesday’s meeting came as a result of the walkout staged by members of the organised labour following the proposal of N48,000 as minimum wage by the Federal Government during last week’s meeting.

During that meeting, the OPS had also proposed N54,000 while labour insisted on its N615,000 living wage demand.

Our correspondent who spoke to sources who attended the follow-up meeting on Tuesday learnt that the Federal Government upped its offer from N48,000 to N54,000.

“Well, during the meeting, the government increased its offer from N48,000 to N54,000. However, labour rejected that offer and the meeting has been adjourned till Wednesday,” a source who asked not to be named said.

When asked if the government’s side was showing any sign of seriousness, the labour leader said, “No seriousness at all. Even state governors did not show up. Those who represented them, like Bauchi and Niger states, did not have the mandates to speak on their behalf.

Continue Reading

News

Junior Pope betrayed me repeatedly – Yul Edochie

Published

on

Nollywood actor Yul Edochie has claimed that his late colleague, Junior Pope, betrayed him repeatedly despite his being there for him in his times of need.

 

According to Edochie, it was the reason he shunned the late actor’s burial in Enugu State on Friday.

 

He said he wanted to wait till after Junior Pope’s burial before he reveal how the late actor betrayed him.

He promised the full story of how Junior Pope betrayed him soon.

On his Instagram story, Edochie wrote: “I didn’t want to say anything till after his burial. I know many asked why I wasn’t there. Why I haven’t said anything about it since.

“I took him like a brother & good friend. I was there for him when he needed me. But he stabbed me in the back repeatedly. That’s life!

“I’ll drop the full details soon so others can learn from it.

“Be careful what you wish people, it could come to you.”

Recall that Junior Pope died on April 10, 2024, alongside three others after their boat capsized on the Anam River in Anambra State while returning from a film location.

Continue Reading

Facebook

Trending