Connect with us

Headline

Lagbaja dedicates new rank to the Nigerian Army

Published

on

(Photo: Army Headquarters celebrates the Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt.-Gen. Taoreed Legbaja on his Decoration with the New Rank.)

 

The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt.-Gen. Taoreed Lagbaja on Monday dedicated his new rank of Lieutenant General to the Nigerian Army.

 

The Director, Army Public Relations, Brig.-Gen. Onyema Nwachukwu, made this known in a statement on Monday in Abuja.

Lagbaja was on Monday, decorated with his new rank by President Bola Tinubu at the Presidential Villa, Abuja alongside the Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), Gen. Christopher Musa and as well as Naval and 6Air Chiefs.

President Tinubu had on June 19, appointed the current service chiefs and subsequently confirmed by the National Assembly.

In a brief reception at the Army Headquarters, the COAS expressed gratitude to President Tinubu for finding him worthy of the elevation.

He pledged his loyalty and that of the personnel of the Nigerian Army to the President and the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Lagbaja lauded all officers and soldiers for their support and cooperation as he steers the affairs of the Nigerian army.

He dedicated his promotion to all personnel of the Nigerian Army and thanked them all for their unwavering support and for rallying behind him, in his responsibility of steering the affairs of the army.

He called for continuous cooperation and understanding of personnel to move the army forward.

Delivering the congratulatory message on behalf of officers and soldiers, the Chief of Policy and Plans (Army), Maj.-Gen. Abdulsalami Ibrahim, congratulated the COAS on his well-deserved promotion.

Inrahim added that the elevation of Lagbaja was a mark of honour and recognition of dedication, hard work and selfless service to the army and the nation at large.

He assured the COAS of the unalienable support and loyalty of the personnel in achieving his mission command.

Headline

Breaking news: Minimum Wage: Labour rejects FG’s N54,000 offer

Published

on

The organised labour has rejected the Federal Government N54,000 new minimum wage proposal.

 

According to reliable source, the meeting on the ongoing negotiations on new minimum wage has been adjourned till Wednesday after the organised labour.

 

Media report has it that the Federal Government upped its offer from its earlier proposed N48,000 to N54,000.

Tuesday’s meeting came as a result of the walkout staged by members of the organised labour following the proposal of N48,000 as minimum wage by the Federal Government during last week’s meeting.

During that meeting, the OPS had also proposed N54,000 while labour insisted on its N615,000 living wage demand.

Our correspondent who spoke to sources who attended the follow-up meeting on Tuesday learnt that the Federal Government upped its offer from N48,000 to N54,000.

“Well, during the meeting, the government increased its offer from N48,000 to N54,000. However, labour rejected that offer and the meeting has been adjourned till Wednesday,” a source who asked not to be named said.

When asked if the government’s side was showing any sign of seriousness, the labour leader said, “No seriousness at all. Even state governors did not show up. Those who represented them, like Bauchi and Niger states, did not have the mandates to speak on their behalf.

Continue Reading

Headline

Real Madrid’s goalkeeper shares recovery insights after two injuries

Published

on

Real Madrid goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois has opened up about his recovery journey following two serious knee injuries.

 

Courtois said, “In August, I cried because the worst thing that can happen to you in football is a cruciate ligament injury. When I returned home, I said that I was going to work hard and come back stronger. That was my idea from the beginning: to stay positive, fight, never give up, and push my limits.

 

“Many thought my season was over, but I knew it wasn’t,” Courtois told Marca.

Recall that for most of the current season, Courtois missed out due to two injuries: a cruciate ligament tear and a meniscus injury. In his absence, first-choice goalkeeper was Chelsea’s loanee Kepa Arrizabalaga, and later, he faced competition from Andriy Lunin.

Upon his return, Courtois played in 3 La Liga matches, keeping clean sheets in all of them. In the last game against Alaves, the Belgian made 10 saves.

Earlier, it was reported that Courtois’ recovery from injury will be featured in a documentary series.

Continue Reading

Facebook

Trending