Connect with us

News

NEMA receives 298 stranded Nigerians from Libyan prisons

Published

on

NEMA receives 298 stranded Nigerians from Libyan prisons

The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) has received a batch of 298 Nigerians who were stranded in Libyan prisons.

 

The agency said this in a statement on Tuesday in Lagos.

 

The statement said the returnees spent varying periods at various detention camps in the northern African country.

They were repatriated back to the country in two separate chartered flights, the first with 161 returnees on Aug. 21 while the second flight came on Monday with 137 returnees.

NEMA said that the second batch of returnees arrived on board an Al Buraq Air Boeing 737-800 with registration number 5A-DMG, at the Murtala Muhammad International Airport, Cargo Wing, Ikeja at about 5:38 p.m. on Monday.

The returnees comprised 119 females who were mostly pregnant and 170 males with 3 female children, 3 male children and 3 infants.

NEMA revealed that International Organisation of Migration (IOM), Port Health Service and National Commission for Refugees, Migrants and Internally Displaced Persons (NCFRM) also received the returnees.

Headline

Breaking news: Minimum Wage: Labour rejects FG’s N54,000 offer

Published

on

The organised labour has rejected the Federal Government N54,000 new minimum wage proposal.

 

According to reliable source, the meeting on the ongoing negotiations on new minimum wage has been adjourned till Wednesday after the organised labour.

 

Media report has it that the Federal Government upped its offer from its earlier proposed N48,000 to N54,000.

Tuesday’s meeting came as a result of the walkout staged by members of the organised labour following the proposal of N48,000 as minimum wage by the Federal Government during last week’s meeting.

During that meeting, the OPS had also proposed N54,000 while labour insisted on its N615,000 living wage demand.

Our correspondent who spoke to sources who attended the follow-up meeting on Tuesday learnt that the Federal Government upped its offer from N48,000 to N54,000.

“Well, during the meeting, the government increased its offer from N48,000 to N54,000. However, labour rejected that offer and the meeting has been adjourned till Wednesday,” a source who asked not to be named said.

When asked if the government’s side was showing any sign of seriousness, the labour leader said, “No seriousness at all. Even state governors did not show up. Those who represented them, like Bauchi and Niger states, did not have the mandates to speak on their behalf.

Continue Reading

News

Junior Pope betrayed me repeatedly – Yul Edochie

Published

on

Nollywood actor Yul Edochie has claimed that his late colleague, Junior Pope, betrayed him repeatedly despite his being there for him in his times of need.

 

According to Edochie, it was the reason he shunned the late actor’s burial in Enugu State on Friday.

 

He said he wanted to wait till after Junior Pope’s burial before he reveal how the late actor betrayed him.

He promised the full story of how Junior Pope betrayed him soon.

On his Instagram story, Edochie wrote: “I didn’t want to say anything till after his burial. I know many asked why I wasn’t there. Why I haven’t said anything about it since.

“I took him like a brother & good friend. I was there for him when he needed me. But he stabbed me in the back repeatedly. That’s life!

“I’ll drop the full details soon so others can learn from it.

“Be careful what you wish people, it could come to you.”

Recall that Junior Pope died on April 10, 2024, alongside three others after their boat capsized on the Anam River in Anambra State while returning from a film location.

Continue Reading

Facebook

Trending