Connect with us

Headline

Manchester United’s Sancho says he’s been made a scapegoat

Published

on

Manchester United’s Sancho says he’s been made a scapegoat

Last Updated on September 4, 2023 by Fellow Press

Manchester United winger Jadon Sancho said he had been unfairly made a “scapegoat”.

This was after his manager Erik ten Hag claimed he had been left out of the squad to face Arsenal on Sunday because of poor training performance.

Sancho was a surprise omission for United’s dramatic 3-1 stoppage-time Premier League loss to Arsenal that dropped them to 11th in the table.

“On his performance on training we didn’t select him,” Ten Hag said, when asked about Sancho’s absence from the travelling squad.

“You have to reach the level every day at Manchester United. You can make choices in the front line, so in this game he wasn’t selected.”

The 23-year-old Sancho wasted little time in responding in a lengthy post on X, the social media platform formerly known as Twitter.

“Please don’t believe everything you read! I will not allow people saying things that is completely untrue.

“I have conducted myself in training very well this week,” Sancho wrote.

“I believe there are other reasons for this matter that I won’t go into.

“I’ve been a scapegoat for a long time, which isn’t fair. All I want to do is play football with a smile on my face and contribute to my team.”

Sancho, who has played 58 league games since joining United in 2021, said he respects all decisions made by the coaching staff.

“I play with fantastic players and grateful to do so,” he said. “Which I know every week is a challenge.

“I will continue to fight for this badge no matter what!”

Breaking News

Tinubu increasing poverty instead of reducing it– Labour Party

Published

on

President Tinubu

Last Updated on June 19, 2024 by Fellow Press

The Labour Party has expressed its disappointment over President Bola Tinubu’s statement which it described as making a mockery of Nigerians as poor.

The National Publicity Secretary of the party, Obiora Ifoh, who said this added that the President needed to be reminded that he was elected into office to reduce if not eliminate poverty and not increase it.

He was reacting to President Tinubu’s statement that Nigerians were not the only ones suffering from poverty.

According to him: “We are disappointed but not surprised by the comments made by President Ahmed Bola Tinubu about the excruciating poverty his administration’s policies have unleashed on Nigerians since he took office over a year ago.

“It was to say the least disheartening to hear Mr. President mock his citizens by saying Nigerians are not the only ones facing poverty.

“Assuming but not conceding that what he said is true, Nigerians who are at the receiving end of his harsh economic policies don’t need to be reminded about the pain and hunger they have been forced to live with by the very people who put them in that situation in the first place.

“May be this administration needs to be reminded that it was elected to reduce if not eliminate poverty, hunger and disease but what we have seen is an obsession with opulence.

“We are yet to get over the billions appropriated for the renovation of the President and Vice President’s lodges, now we hear they want new jets to join the Presidential fleet.”

He said the nation’s schools and health institutions were on their knees and the same government claims it cannot afford to pay public servants a living wage but has enough to make itself comfortable at the expense of the suffering masses.

He implored the President to uphold the constitution he swore to protect, adding that the constitution says the security and welfare of the populace shall be the primary purpose of the existence of the government.

Continue Reading

Headline

Gunmen kill three while enforcing sit-at-home in Anambra communities

Published

on

Last Updated on June 19, 2024 by Fellow Press

Some gunmen, who were enforcing sit-at-home, have reportedly killed many people and injured others in two Anambra communities.

The gunmen invaded Nnewichi community in Nnewi north LGA and Nnobi community in Idemili south LGA, on Monday morning.

At Nnewichi community, the gunmen were said to have invaded a hotel after discovering that some persons were having a meeting there. The gunmen started shooting sporadically at the hotel premises, while destroying properties.

The assailants were said to have killed Oseloka Ubajiekwe, head of the vigilante group and chief security officer of the community, while he was attempting to wade off the attackers.
Those who sustained injuries have been taken to various hospitals in the state. At Nnobi community, the gunmen shot sporadically to scare away residents and engaged in gun duels with security operatives.

Confirming the attacks in a statement, Tochukwu Ikenga, Anambra police spokesperson, said only three persons, including a 22-year-old lady, have been confirmed dead.

“The commissioner of police, CP Nnaghe Obono Itam, has ordered an immediate manhunt operation on the armed men operating in a red Highlander jeep, who abducted a citizen in Nnewi by 1:30 pm yesterday 17/6/2024 and were trailed to Nnobi, where they engaged security operatives in a gun battle,” Ikenga said.

During the gun duel, one of the security operatives was fatally hit by the bullet and due to the indiscriminate shootings by the hoodlums in an attempt to escape the scene, the bullet also fatally struck two innocent passersby in the area.

“The police responding team at the scene recovered the bodies of the victims and took them to the hospital but regrettably, three of the victims including a 22-year-old lady were confirmed dead by the doctors on duty while two others are currently receiving treatment.”

Continue Reading

Facebook

Trending