Connect with us

Headline

Blackout: Kebbi Gov’t. seeks patience of residents

Published

on

The Kebbi Government has appealed to the residents of Birnin Kebbi and its evirons to be patient as the total blackout being experienced would soon be over.

 

Alhaji Ahmed Idris, Chief Press Secretary to the Kebbi Governor disclosed this in a statement made available to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Birnin Kebbi on Sunday.

 

Idris quoted the Secretary to Kebbi State Government (SSG), Alhaji Yakubu Bala-Tafida as making the plea when he visited the substationn of Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) in Birnin Kebbi.

NAN recalls that on Thursday, Sept. 14, one 90MVA (330KV/132KV) and a 60MVA (132KV/33KV) transformers were destroyed as a result of a fire incident,
NAN further recalls that the inferno had plunged Kebbi and Sokoto States as well as some parts of Zamfara into total darkness.

The SSG said the call became imperative in view of the lingering power outage being faced by the residents in the last ten days.

He said that he was at the scene on behalf of the State Governor, who instructed him to monitor the work, saying, “because he doesn’t want his people to remain in darkness.”

Bala-Tafida assured that the governor was always in support of what would bring joy and happiness to his constituents.

The SSG, who expressed satisfaction with the level of work done so far, said the team of engineers had assured that their headquarters in Abuja had given them two weeks to fix the light.

“We came, we saw the level of efforts being put in place and we are satisfied.
“All we need from our people is prayers for them to do a good job and complete it within the stipulated period and we are hopeful that the work will be completed on schedule,” he said.

Also speaking, the Special Adviser to the Governor on Political Affairs and Power, Alhaji Kabiru Sani-Giant, lauded the engineers for showing a high sense of commitment to the repair works.

He appealed to all the affected customers to be patient and consider what had happened as a destiny from the Almighty God that nobody could have averted.

The governor’s aide advised the people to imbibe the good culture of using electricity by switching off all appliances when not in use to minimise power wastage and possible fire outbreaks.

Sani-Giant said: “We should borrow a leaf from our neighbours, Niger Republic, they have that discipline, they switch on bulbs when there is need for them unlike us Nigerians, we allow our bulbs on even during the day time when we don’t need them.”

On possible damages during the restoration of power, the adviser promised that announcements would be made on the electronic media and other platforms for the residents to put off all appliances to avoid damages and safeguard their property.

Headline

Breaking news: Minimum Wage: Labour rejects FG’s N54,000 offer

Published

on

The organised labour has rejected the Federal Government N54,000 new minimum wage proposal.

 

According to reliable source, the meeting on the ongoing negotiations on new minimum wage has been adjourned till Wednesday after the organised labour.

 

Media report has it that the Federal Government upped its offer from its earlier proposed N48,000 to N54,000.

Tuesday’s meeting came as a result of the walkout staged by members of the organised labour following the proposal of N48,000 as minimum wage by the Federal Government during last week’s meeting.

During that meeting, the OPS had also proposed N54,000 while labour insisted on its N615,000 living wage demand.

Our correspondent who spoke to sources who attended the follow-up meeting on Tuesday learnt that the Federal Government upped its offer from N48,000 to N54,000.

“Well, during the meeting, the government increased its offer from N48,000 to N54,000. However, labour rejected that offer and the meeting has been adjourned till Wednesday,” a source who asked not to be named said.

When asked if the government’s side was showing any sign of seriousness, the labour leader said, “No seriousness at all. Even state governors did not show up. Those who represented them, like Bauchi and Niger states, did not have the mandates to speak on their behalf.

Continue Reading

Headline

Real Madrid’s goalkeeper shares recovery insights after two injuries

Published

on

Real Madrid goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois has opened up about his recovery journey following two serious knee injuries.

 

Courtois said, “In August, I cried because the worst thing that can happen to you in football is a cruciate ligament injury. When I returned home, I said that I was going to work hard and come back stronger. That was my idea from the beginning: to stay positive, fight, never give up, and push my limits.

 

“Many thought my season was over, but I knew it wasn’t,” Courtois told Marca.

Recall that for most of the current season, Courtois missed out due to two injuries: a cruciate ligament tear and a meniscus injury. In his absence, first-choice goalkeeper was Chelsea’s loanee Kepa Arrizabalaga, and later, he faced competition from Andriy Lunin.

Upon his return, Courtois played in 3 La Liga matches, keeping clean sheets in all of them. In the last game against Alaves, the Belgian made 10 saves.

Earlier, it was reported that Courtois’ recovery from injury will be featured in a documentary series.

Continue Reading

Facebook

Trending