Connect with us

Headline

Tribunal: Lagos Island youths say Sanwo-Olu’s victory well-deserved

Published

on

Lagos Island youths have congratulated Gov. Babajide Sanwo-Olu on his victory at the Lagos State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal on Monday.

 

The leader of the Lagos Island Youths, Mr Bolaji Adamoh-Faniyan, said in a congratulatory statement on Tuesday in Lagos, that the court ruling was heartwarming.

 

Adamoh-Faniyan said: “On behalf of the Lagos Island Youth, we extend our heartfelt congratulations to you (Sanwo-Olu) on your resounding victory at the Tribunal.

“This triumph is a testament to your dedication, vision and unwavering commitment to the people of Lagos State.

“Your exceptional leadership and transformative agenda have brought about immense progress and development to our beloved state.

“From infrastructure improvement to social welfare initiatives, your administration has consistently demonstrated a deep understanding of the needs and aspirations of the people.”

He noted that the youth appreciated the ‘tireless efforts’ the governor had been putting into making the state a model for other states to emulate.

“Under your able leadership we have witnessed significant advancements in various sectors including education, healthcare, transportation, security and job creation.

“Your visionary policies have not only enhanced the quality of life for the residents of Lagos Island but have also made our state an attractive destination for investors.

“This has resulted in increased job opportunities, economic growth, and a thriving business environment,” he added.

Adamoh-Faniyan, further said the youth valued Sanwo-Olu’s emphasis on youth empowerment and inclusion.

According to him, various skill acquisition programmes, entrepreneurship initiatives and support for education have provided platforms for the youth to harness their potential and contribute to nation-building.

“Your commitment towards ensuring the well-being and future prospects of the youth is commendable.

“As vibrant and energetic youths from Lagos Island we pledge our unflinching support and cooperation to your administration.

“We are confident that under your continued stewardship Lagos State will attain even greater heights of progress and prosperity,” he said.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the tribunal had declared as dead on arrival, a petition by governorship candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Dr Abdul-Azeez Adediran (a.k.a. Jandor), against Sanwo-Olu’s election.

The tribunal held that evidence before it showed that the petition lacked merit.

Adediran had contended that Sanwo-Olu was wrongfully nominated and sponsored by his party, the All Progressives Party (APC) and, therefore, was not qualified for the election.

The tribunal also dismissed petition filed by Mr Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour, the Labour Party governorship candidate for Lagos State against Sanwo-Olu and his deputy, Dr Obafemi Hamzat.

Headline

Breaking news: Minimum Wage: Labour rejects FG’s N54,000 offer

Published

on

The organised labour has rejected the Federal Government N54,000 new minimum wage proposal.

 

According to reliable source, the meeting on the ongoing negotiations on new minimum wage has been adjourned till Wednesday after the organised labour.

 

Media report has it that the Federal Government upped its offer from its earlier proposed N48,000 to N54,000.

Tuesday’s meeting came as a result of the walkout staged by members of the organised labour following the proposal of N48,000 as minimum wage by the Federal Government during last week’s meeting.

During that meeting, the OPS had also proposed N54,000 while labour insisted on its N615,000 living wage demand.

Our correspondent who spoke to sources who attended the follow-up meeting on Tuesday learnt that the Federal Government upped its offer from N48,000 to N54,000.

“Well, during the meeting, the government increased its offer from N48,000 to N54,000. However, labour rejected that offer and the meeting has been adjourned till Wednesday,” a source who asked not to be named said.

When asked if the government’s side was showing any sign of seriousness, the labour leader said, “No seriousness at all. Even state governors did not show up. Those who represented them, like Bauchi and Niger states, did not have the mandates to speak on their behalf.

Continue Reading

Headline

Real Madrid’s goalkeeper shares recovery insights after two injuries

Published

on

Real Madrid goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois has opened up about his recovery journey following two serious knee injuries.

 

Courtois said, “In August, I cried because the worst thing that can happen to you in football is a cruciate ligament injury. When I returned home, I said that I was going to work hard and come back stronger. That was my idea from the beginning: to stay positive, fight, never give up, and push my limits.

 

“Many thought my season was over, but I knew it wasn’t,” Courtois told Marca.

Recall that for most of the current season, Courtois missed out due to two injuries: a cruciate ligament tear and a meniscus injury. In his absence, first-choice goalkeeper was Chelsea’s loanee Kepa Arrizabalaga, and later, he faced competition from Andriy Lunin.

Upon his return, Courtois played in 3 La Liga matches, keeping clean sheets in all of them. In the last game against Alaves, the Belgian made 10 saves.

Earlier, it was reported that Courtois’ recovery from injury will be featured in a documentary series.

Continue Reading

Facebook

Trending