Connect with us

Headline

No Plan To Retire Now, Says Kumuyi

Published

on

The founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry, Pastor William Kumuyi, on Wednesday, said he has no plan to retire, noting that he is fit to run a relay race.

 

The 82-year-old renowned clergy arrived in Benin City, the Edo State capital, around 2 pm for a six-day ‘Global Crusade with Kumuyi with the theme, “Loose Him, Let Him Go” to take place at the Garrick Memorial Grammar School, Ekhewan Road, Benin City.

 

While fielding questions from journalists in the VIP Lounge at the Benin Airport, he expressed optimism that the six-day conference would also impact positively on the physical and spiritual lives of the people.

When asked if he was considering retiring after decades as the founder of the ministry, he said, “If you rest while you are not tired, if you rest while your vision is becoming brighter, If you rest when you see farther than you saw 50 years ago, you will not be called the wise man.

“I’m getting the vision, more anointing, strength, and power. I can run a relay race today more than I could 50 years ago. When I start getting tired, I can start thinking of retirement. But for now, the vision is coming so fast that I’m trying to catch up. So, no retirement yet.

“I have great remembrance of what took place in earlier years when I started coming to Edo State. I’m thinking about things that happened and am excited. I want to see greater things happening at this time,” he added.

Kumuyi also recalled the impact of similar conferences, saying, “There was a woman that was paralyzed and was brought from the village and came to the crusade, and I prayed for everyone, and lives were changed.

“I told this woman to go and that she has gotten her miracle and she cried. She got to her village and low and behold when they wanted to help her from the lorry, the power of God came upon her and she stood up from the lorry herself and it was a great scene,” he added.

Headline

Breaking news: Minimum Wage: Labour rejects FG’s N54,000 offer

Published

on

The organised labour has rejected the Federal Government N54,000 new minimum wage proposal.

 

According to reliable source, the meeting on the ongoing negotiations on new minimum wage has been adjourned till Wednesday after the organised labour.

 

Media report has it that the Federal Government upped its offer from its earlier proposed N48,000 to N54,000.

Tuesday’s meeting came as a result of the walkout staged by members of the organised labour following the proposal of N48,000 as minimum wage by the Federal Government during last week’s meeting.

During that meeting, the OPS had also proposed N54,000 while labour insisted on its N615,000 living wage demand.

Our correspondent who spoke to sources who attended the follow-up meeting on Tuesday learnt that the Federal Government upped its offer from N48,000 to N54,000.

“Well, during the meeting, the government increased its offer from N48,000 to N54,000. However, labour rejected that offer and the meeting has been adjourned till Wednesday,” a source who asked not to be named said.

When asked if the government’s side was showing any sign of seriousness, the labour leader said, “No seriousness at all. Even state governors did not show up. Those who represented them, like Bauchi and Niger states, did not have the mandates to speak on their behalf.

Continue Reading

Headline

Real Madrid’s goalkeeper shares recovery insights after two injuries

Published

on

Real Madrid goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois has opened up about his recovery journey following two serious knee injuries.

 

Courtois said, “In August, I cried because the worst thing that can happen to you in football is a cruciate ligament injury. When I returned home, I said that I was going to work hard and come back stronger. That was my idea from the beginning: to stay positive, fight, never give up, and push my limits.

 

“Many thought my season was over, but I knew it wasn’t,” Courtois told Marca.

Recall that for most of the current season, Courtois missed out due to two injuries: a cruciate ligament tear and a meniscus injury. In his absence, first-choice goalkeeper was Chelsea’s loanee Kepa Arrizabalaga, and later, he faced competition from Andriy Lunin.

Upon his return, Courtois played in 3 La Liga matches, keeping clean sheets in all of them. In the last game against Alaves, the Belgian made 10 saves.

Earlier, it was reported that Courtois’ recovery from injury will be featured in a documentary series.

Continue Reading

Facebook

Trending