Connect with us

Headline

Crisis In CCB As Kankia Rejects Appointment Of Acting Chairman

Published

on

Murtala Kankia, the acting chairman of the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) has debunked the claim that Ehiozuwa Agbonayinma, a former member of the house of representatives, has been appointed to replace him at the bureau.

 

On Thursday, a letter purportedly signed by George Akume, the secretary to the government of the federation (SGF), announced the appointment of Agbonayinma by President Bola Tinubu as the chairman of CCB.

 

But in an internal memo released by Kankia, the acting chairman of CCB described the letter as “fake, misleading and does not emanate from the office of the secretary to the government of the federation”.

Kankia said he is the most senior ranking member of the bureau, adding that he remains the acting chairman of the agency until further directives from the president.

“My attention has been drawn to a circular which emanates from Hon. Ehiozuwa Johnson Agbonayinma, a federal commissioner claiming to be appointed by the president and C in C of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Bola Ahmed Tinubu as Acting Chairman, CCB,” the memo reads.

“The truth of the matter is, Barrister Murtala Aliyu Kankia having served for an initial Five (5) years term and was re-appointed as a member of the Bureau in 2018 and 2023 respectively, remains the most senior ranking member of the Bureau, hence he is now acting as Chairman pending further directives of the President to avoid leadership vacuum.

“Mr. Ehiozuwa Johnson Agbonayinma serving for the initial 5 years appointed in 2021 can not in any ramification claim seniority over the current Ag. Chairman (Murtaala Kankia).

“Determination of seniority between Murtala A. Kankiya, Barr. Benedict Umeano and Hon. Ehiozuwa Johnson Agbonayinma will be made by the SGF office, and whatever decision is taken in the best interest of the system and the country will be communicated formally to the Bureau by me and no other.

“Note further that the SGF letter did not specifically invite Murtala Kankiya to hand over to Hon. Ehiozuwa Johnson as falsely speculated.”

Headline

Breaking news: Minimum Wage: Labour rejects FG’s N54,000 offer

Published

on

The organised labour has rejected the Federal Government N54,000 new minimum wage proposal.

 

According to reliable source, the meeting on the ongoing negotiations on new minimum wage has been adjourned till Wednesday after the organised labour.

 

Media report has it that the Federal Government upped its offer from its earlier proposed N48,000 to N54,000.

Tuesday’s meeting came as a result of the walkout staged by members of the organised labour following the proposal of N48,000 as minimum wage by the Federal Government during last week’s meeting.

During that meeting, the OPS had also proposed N54,000 while labour insisted on its N615,000 living wage demand.

Our correspondent who spoke to sources who attended the follow-up meeting on Tuesday learnt that the Federal Government upped its offer from N48,000 to N54,000.

“Well, during the meeting, the government increased its offer from N48,000 to N54,000. However, labour rejected that offer and the meeting has been adjourned till Wednesday,” a source who asked not to be named said.

When asked if the government’s side was showing any sign of seriousness, the labour leader said, “No seriousness at all. Even state governors did not show up. Those who represented them, like Bauchi and Niger states, did not have the mandates to speak on their behalf.

Continue Reading

Headline

Real Madrid’s goalkeeper shares recovery insights after two injuries

Published

on

Real Madrid goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois has opened up about his recovery journey following two serious knee injuries.

 

Courtois said, “In August, I cried because the worst thing that can happen to you in football is a cruciate ligament injury. When I returned home, I said that I was going to work hard and come back stronger. That was my idea from the beginning: to stay positive, fight, never give up, and push my limits.

 

“Many thought my season was over, but I knew it wasn’t,” Courtois told Marca.

Recall that for most of the current season, Courtois missed out due to two injuries: a cruciate ligament tear and a meniscus injury. In his absence, first-choice goalkeeper was Chelsea’s loanee Kepa Arrizabalaga, and later, he faced competition from Andriy Lunin.

Upon his return, Courtois played in 3 La Liga matches, keeping clean sheets in all of them. In the last game against Alaves, the Belgian made 10 saves.

Earlier, it was reported that Courtois’ recovery from injury will be featured in a documentary series.

Continue Reading

Facebook

Trending